What is the Pet Valu
Walk for Dog Guides?
The Pet Valu Walk for Dog Guides is a national fundraising walk held in approximately 300 communities across Canada. It raises funds to help train Dog Guides for Canadians with visual, hearing, medical or physical disabilities. Each walk is organized by local volunteers with support from Lions Foundation of Canada. To date, the walk has raised more than $19 million!
Communities host walks in the Spring and Fall but this year, to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the walk has gone virtual! Visit our locations page to find a virtual walk taking place near you.
Why participate in the Pet Valu Walk for Dog Guides?
- To help provide Dog Guides at no cost to the growing number of Canadians who need them.
- To enjoy a fun day outside and to join your community in fundraising for the national charity. Share with your friends, family and co-workers and head out for an adventure to support a good cause!
- Everyone is welcome – all ages and abilities – and you are not required to complete the route to participate.
- Everyone is a winner! The money you raise goes towards this important program and you could earn an incentive prize.
- There is no registration fee and donations you raise will go towards the cause.