What is the Pet Valu
Walk for Dog Guides?
The Pet Valu Walk for Dog Guides is a national fundraising walk held in local communities in each province across Canada. It raises funds to help Lions Foundation of Canada continue to fulfill its mission of empowering Canadians with disabilities to navigate their world with confidence and independence by providing Dog Guides at no cost to them and supporting each pair in their journey together.
Each walk is organized by local volunteers with support from Lions Foundation of Canada Dog Guides. To date, the walk has raised more than $21 million!
Communities host walks in the Spring and Fall, and you can visit our Walk Locations page to find a walk taking place near you.
Why participate in the Pet Valu Walk for Dog Guides?
- To help provide Dog Guides at no cost to the growing number of Canadians who need them.
- To enjoy a fun day outside and to join your community in fundraising for the national charity. Share with your friends, family and co-workers and head out for an adventure to support a good cause!
- Everyone is welcome – all ages and abilities – and you are not required to complete the route to participate.
- Everyone is a winner! The money you raise goes towards this important program and you could earn an incentive prize.
- There is no registration fee and donations you raise will go towards the cause.